Alps Epic Events cancellation insurance will allow reimbursement of registration fees.
It is a guarantee of the reimbursement of what you have already paid, if an unforeseeable cause beyond your control forces you to cancel your trip.
Alps Epic Events SAS takes out cancellation insurance with Europe Assistance (see conditions here). The conditions for requesting reimbursement are those provided by Europ Assistance. We fully encourage all people to purchase this cancellation insurance at the time of registration. Refund requests will be made directly to Europ Assistance. This cancellation insurance is only possible for people who have subscribed to cancellation insurance and residing in one of the countries listed in the following list: Germany, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Finland, Metropolitan France, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy and its islands, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Principality of Monaco, United Kingdom, San Marino, Sweden and Switzerland.
The refund request can be made up to 48 hours before departure.
For people who have not taken out cancellation insurance or do not live in one of the countries mentioned above, we recommend that you take out insurance on your side, as no request for refund will be accepted.
The participant may in no case resell or freely assign his bib to a third party. All registration is firm and final and implies full acceptance of the rules. However, you have 14 days of withdrawal period (hamon law of March 17, 2014) to cancel your registration and be reimbursed in full.
- INSURANCE GUARANTEES
B.1.1. WHAT WE GUARANTEE
When you are obliged to cancel your trip before departure for one of the reasons described below, we will reimburse you, up to a maximum amount and with a Deductible indicated in the Table of Guarantee Amounts below. afterwards, the cancellation costs incurred on the day of the Claim in accordance with the conditions of sale of the travel organizer, and / or the different service provider (s) with which (you) contracted travel services , (excluding booking fees, taxes, visa fees and travel-related insurance premiums). It is recalled that the airport taxes, included in the price of the ticket, are costs whose due date is linked to the actual boarding of the passenger and that the airport company is obliged to reimburse you for these amounts when you have not embedded. You must consult the general conditions of sale or transport in order to know the methods of reimbursement of these taxes (art. L.113-8 of the Consumer Code).
B.1.2. WHEN DO WE INTERVENE?
We intervene for the reasons and circumstances listed below, to the exclusion of all others.
SERIOUS ILLNESS, SERIOUS ACCIDENT OR DEATH (including worsening of previous illnesses and sequelae of a previous accident):
- yourself, your de jure or de facto spouse, or the person accompanying you provided that it also appears in the Special Provisions of this contract,
- your ascendants or descendants and / or those of your spouse, or those of the person accompanying you, provided that this person also appears in the Special Provisions of this contract,
- your brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law.
- of yourself,
- your spouse,
the decision or the summons to the prior interview was not known at the time of booking your trip or signing this contract.
DESTRUCTION OF PROFESSIONAL AND / OR PRIVATE PREMISES
Intervened after the date of subscription of your contract, due to fire, explosion, water damage, provided that the said premises are destroyed at more than 50%.
THEFT IN PROFESSIONAL AND / OR PRIVATE PREMISES
The importance of this flight must require your presence and occur within 48 hours of your trip departure.
GRANTING A JOB OR INTERNSHIP IF THE INSURED PERSON IS REGISTERED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT
Beginner before or during your trip.
The “TRIP CANCELLATION” guarantee does not cover the impossibility of leaving linked to the material organization of the trip by the organizer (tour operator, airline) including in the event of a dry flight and / or its failure (strike, cancellation , postponement, delay) or the accommodation or security conditions of the destination.
B.1.3. WHAT WE EXCLUDE
In addition to the general exclusions applicable to the contract and appearing in chapter 3.J., the following are excluded:
- the cancellation caused by a hospitalized person at the time of booking your trip or signing the contract,
- illness requiring psychic medical and / or psychotherapeutic treatment (including nervous breakdowns) except when it resulted in hospitalization for more than 4 consecutive days at the time of the cancellation of your trip,
- forgetting to be vaccinated,
- accidents resulting from the practice of the following sports: bobsleigh, rock climbing, skeleton, mountaineering, competitive luge, any aerial sport, as well as those resulting from participation or training in matches or competitions,
- the non-presentation, for any reason whatsoever, of documents essential to the trip, such as passport, visa, transport tickets, vaccination card, except in the event of theft on the day of departure of the passport or duly declared identity card with the competent authorities,
- illnesses, accidents that have been the subject of a first observation, a relapse, a worsening or hospitalization between the date of purchase of your trip and the date of subscription of this contract,
- booking fees, taxes, visa and insurance premium costs related to the trip.
B.1.4. FOR WHAT AMOUNT DO WE INTERVENE?
We intervene for the amount of the cancellation costs incurred on the day of the Event which may engage the guarantee, in accordance with the general conditions of sale of the travel organizer underwriting the contract, with a maximum and a Deductible indicated in the Table of Amounts of guarantees.
B.1.5. WITHIN WHAT TIME SHOULD YOU TELL US THE CLAIM?
You must immediately notify the travel agency or the organizer and notify us within 5 working days of the Event giving rise to the warranty. To do this, you must send us a claim declaration. In the event of Cancellation and / or late declaration, we will only cover the cancellation costs due on the date of occurrence of the Loss giving rise to the Cancellation. If you have taken out this « CANCELLATION » guarantee after the reason for cancellation of the trip has appeared and after having become aware of the said reason for cancellation, it will not be entitled to the compensation provided.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
The compensation due under this guarantee may not exceed the actual amount of the penalties invoiced following the cancellation of the trip. Application fees, taxes, visa fees and the insurance premium are not refundable.
B.1.6. WHAT ARE YOUR OBLIGATIONS IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM?
Your declaration must be accompanied:
- in the event of Illness or Accident, a medical certificate specifying the origin, nature, severity and foreseeable consequences of the Illness or Accident, as well as a photocopy of the work stoppage, if you are an employee, and the photocopies of the prescriptions including the vignettes of the prescribed drugs or possibly the analyzes and examinations carried out,
- in the event of death, a certificate and proof of family relationship,
- in the event of economic dismissal, a photocopy of the dismissal letter, a photocopy of the employment contract, and a photocopy of the salary slip attesting to the balance of any account,
- in all other cases, any supporting documents.
The medical certificate must imperatively be enclosed in a closed envelope for the attention of the medical adviser whom we will designate for you.
To this end, you must release your doctor from medical confidentiality vis-à-vis this medical consultant. Under penalty of forfeiture, the Insured availing himself of the warranty claim must surrender all the contractually required parts without being able to rely, except in cases of force majeure, on any reason preventing their production. If you object without good reason, you risk losing your warranty rights. By express agreement, you acknowledge our right to make the use of the warranty subject to compliance with this condition. You must also send us any information or document that you will be asked to justify the reason for your Cancellation, and in particular:
- statements from Social Security or any other similar body, relating to the reimbursement of treatment costs and the payment of daily allowances,
- the original of the cancellation invoice drawn up by the trip organizer,
- your contract number,
- the registration form issued by the travel agency or the organizer,
- in the event of an Accident, you must specify the causes and circumstances and provide us with the names and addresses of those responsible and, if possible, witnesses.